Tuesday, October 12, 2010

You know what are awesome? Euphemisms.

No, no, I'm completely serious. Euphemisms are probably the coolest things politically correct minds have ever invented. Not only are they completely ridiculous, they vary all over the world! It's amazing. For instance, did you know the Australian equivalent of "knocked up" is "up the duff?"
That's right. Up the duff.
I have to say,  though, that my favorite euphemism for pregnancy is "came down with a case of sperm poisoning." I think that might have been the best one I came across all today.

Some other random euphamisms I found particularly interesting:
  • "The wheel's turning, but the hamster is dead" - calling someone stupid
  • "Promoted to glory" - when someone has died
  • "Heat seeking missile" - best penis one I found
Any other really awesome ones I missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment